Tekkoshocon 2012 Rules and Regulations
These rules are current as of February 23, 2012 and are subject to change.
- All local, state, and federal laws apply inside the confines of Tekkoshocon.
- The convention and hotel staff have the final say on all things regarding safety and efficient operation of the convention. If someone asks you to do something and they're wearing a hotel uniform or Tekkoshocon 2012 staff shirt, please do as they ask.
- Any children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Respect others. Please avoid profanity and ask permission before you take a cosplay photo, “glomp” someone, or otherwise invade another’s privacy and space. If another says “no” when you ask for a photo/hug/etc or changes their mind after granting permission you must comply immediately. Public displays of affection beyond hugging and kissing are not permitted in convention space or hotel common areas (including bathrooms).
- Respect the hotel and other guests. Quiet hours on guest floors are enforced between 11 PM and 8 AM. Press only the button you need when using the elevator and behave so that all hotel guests may ride comfortably.
- Please walk. Motored and non-motored wheelchairs, crutches, canes, and other personal mobility items for those who are permanently or temporarily disabled are permitted. Skates, skateboards, heelies, trampoline shoes, and other recreational mobility items are not.
- Minimum dress standards are a bikini top and shorts/a skirt for women and shorts to mid-thigh for men, with both genders wearing hard-soled footwear. Those with visible undergarments, inadequate coverage, improper footwear, garments offering “FREE HUGS” or similar, or garments with obscene or profane images and/or text will be asked to remedy the issue or leave the premises until they are properly attired.
- Please wear your badge in a visible and appropriate location at all times. Participants in the Fashion Show, Masquerade, and Dance Competition may remove their badges for the duration of their performances only. You may conceal your badge while taking photos. Take care of your badge as Tekkoshocon does not replace lost badges.
- Anyone found to be actively counterfeiting badges, selling counterfeit badges, altering a purchased badge to gain access or items, or knowingly purchasing counterfeit badges may face some or all of the following consequences:
Ejection from Tekkoshocon
Blacklisting from future Tekkoshocons
Blacklisting from any future Tekkoshocon, Inc. Events
Notification sent to other conventions regarding actions taken
Full legal action taken against the individual by local authorities
- All props are to be checked in at the Prop Check when you reach the con floor. Prop Check follows these guidelines:
- No live steel of any kind. Period. No Exceptions. Live steel is defined as swords, knives, or any other object, which can take an edge or point. Please note, “live steel” does not only refer to metal objects, and all props will be under this scrutiny.
- Please try and keep your prop-making materials limited to as much “soft” material as you can (i.e. Foam, cloth, etc). PVC pipes and wooden dowels rods are also acceptable as building materials.
- Prop firearms must have no way to load or fire any type of ammunition. “Toy” guns, such as airsoft guns, must have an orange safety tip and have no ammunition inside. Anyone found carrying a prop firearm with ammunition in it will have their badge revoked.
- All props still must follow all other rules of the con (i.e.: Nothing vulgar, no signs, etc).
- You may not participate in or cheer on real or mock fighting. The sole exception to this rule is while participating in convention sponsored events (i.e. Sleeping Samurai).
- No signs, loud noisemakers, or projectile toys/weapons (such as Airzookas or Nerf guns with ammo) are permitted.
- When in line for events, please wait in a single file line. You may not save a spot in line for a friend, leave the line and come back to the same spot, or “cut” in line.
- Please do not sell any items unless you are a registered Vendor, Artist, or Assistant operating at your assigned table or booth.
- Tekkoshocon Inc. reserves the right to refuse and revoke service or admission to any person or persons.
Minor rule infractions (generally, those that show inconsideration but do not risk harm to others or Tekkoshocon) may result in a “punched” badge. If your badge is punched three times, it will be revoked without refund. Staff members who are authorized to punch badges will also sign the back of your badge, creating accountability. If you feel that your badge was unjustly punched, please visit Con Ops on the first floor. The Con Ops staff will page the Public Safety or Event Security department head, the Chair or Vice Chair, the President of Tekkoshocon, Inc, or a designated representative of the same so that you may discuss your situation with an uninvolved party.
Severe rule infractions may result in the revokal of your badge by one of the above listed staff members immediately and without refund. Public authorities will be contacted where warranted.