1. Respect others. This is key; everything else comes from this. If someone has a problem with how you are acting, please stop.
2. Due to the public nature of the boards, we ask that you keep all conversations on a PG-13 level or below. Exceptions will be allowed on a case-by-case basis (with warning labels please for potentially sensitive topics such as yaoi and yuri) due to the nature of anime fandom. If you have doubts, ASK. One hint: if it should be hidden behind an adult verification system (AVS), then it is not allowed here.
1. This includes cursing. Do not say things you would not say in front of your parents or your grandmother and expect not to get in trouble for.
1. Occasionally topics will drift off. That's not so bad. What IS bad is when someone really hijacks a thread to lead it in a completely different direction. Don't do it.
2. “Everything Else” is not a license to go off-topic. If you want to say something new, start a new topic. Exceptions are made on a case by case basis.
4. Discussions on potentially offensive topics (politics, religion, etc.) are not permitted.
5. Personal Conversations/Information
1. If a topic seems like it's becoming a back and forth between two people... take it off of the public forums
2. If your topic is personal “angsting” please take it to a blogging site.
3. Do not answer public requests for personal information if it is not your own information. We respect your privacy and do not share your information, please extend the same courtesy to your fellow forum members.
4. Private Messages (PMs) are not private and can be examined by the webmaster when deemed necessary
1. Pictures are limited to one (1) with a maximum size of 150H x 500W.
2. Please limit text to 347 characters.
1. All external links are subject to the approval of the admins.
2. Do not link to any site that is offering illegal downloads of any anime, manga, video game, anime music, or similar that has been licensed by a U.S. company. If you have any doubt of legality, then do not link to it. This includes but is not limited to torrents, direct downloads, and online video feeds.
3. Links to known spam sites or potentially harmful sites will be deleted. Spam sites include: Online Petitions, Search Engines, Adult Sites, Pharmaceutical Sites, and other similar sites. If you have any question about a validity of a link, please ask an admin before posting
4. Do not link directly to pictures that are not your property. Link to the site that it is on or host it on your own space.
8. There is to be absolutely NO advertising of, or selling/trading items on this Message Board. This includes cosplay services!
9. Recruitment of staff for conventions other than Tekkoshocon are permitted on a case by case basis. When permitted they must go into the “General” forum. Please PM an Administrator about this.
10. Tekkoshocon reserves the right to remove or alter any content on these message boards for any reason.
11. Word Filters
- Deliberately misspelling words to circumvent the word replace filter will not be tolerated.
- Discussing the re-sale of hotel rooms is not permitted.
- Discussing or encouraging "room stuffing" is not permitted.
- "Room stuffing" is defined as placing more humans/otaku/people into a hotel room over the maximum capicity of the room OR the occupancy paid for by the booking person/entity (King bed room with a double occupancy, which is two (2) people, having four (4) persons in it.
- Discussing the price of room splitting/sharing is not permitted
* In-thread warnings - for general off-topicness or basic rowdiness. If it continues, then other penalties may apply
* Private warning over PM or email.
* Temporary Forum Ban – a cooling off period for both forum members and admins.
* Permanent Forum Ban – for extreme cases only. Will automatically be imposed if a temporary post ban is circumvented.
Although the above penalties will be applied, we will use our discretion at all times. In other words, don't be surprised when a horrible first offense results in an immediate ban instead of a warning.
If you have any questions, PLEASE ASK!
-Your friendly neighborhood Administrators and Moderators